Tuesday, October 28, 2008

22 Months....the world turns too fast!

My sweet Kennedy turned 22 months old today! I have a hard time when people ask how old she is. It seems weird to still be listing months but she is so not 2 yet! I am not ready for that! We went out for a little running time tonight and I took a few sweet pictures. It was cold out there!!

This is also a special remembrance day for me. October 28 was my very first due date. It is a day that for so many months I dreaded and worried that I would never get to enjoy ever again. I mean seriously I didn't know if I would ever enjoy life again. And as I stand here three years later I can see how God's plans are so much greater than our own. I have so much in my life and I am so much more blessed than I would have ever known I would be. I will forever wonder if Kennedy will ever know how much we prayed and prayed for her. Will she ever know how I feel when I look at her? I hope she never knows the pain I went through but maybe she will someday know my true love for her. I spend my days in the busy world of two kids under two and I don't stop much lately. But at night I always linger a little longer when I tuck them in. I hug them a little extra and kiss them one extra time. They are my greatest joy and my biggest blessings I have ever been given. So tonight I can smile and celebrate my sweet Kennedy. I can celebrate God's blessings. I can see how such pain can turn to great joy. I can see how sorrow can turn to celebration. Thank you Kennedy for making my life what it is today. You bring our home a joy that I so longed for. Your life will forever be my miracle. I love you!





At 22 months you
* Talk ALL the time! And when I say all the time, I mean you even talk yourself to sleep!
* You like to sleep later and later. We'll go in to wake you up and you roll over and say no, tired!
* You are now obsessed with fruit snacks and not yogurt raisins. You have moved on!
*You are getting very opinionated. You sometimes refuse to get dressed or hate what you are wearing.
* You can "sort of" sing the alphabet!
* You love your brother so much! Last night you kept patting his head saying, "sweetheart, sweetheart!"
* Your favorite toy is still a baby. You take such good care of them!
* Your favorite food is broccoli. I wonder how long that will last?!!
* You crack us up at least once a day with the things you say! Crazy girl!

2 comments:

Liza said...

I just cried!

Haylee said...

ok, STOP Katie!!! your writing is amazing! blessed you are!