Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Time...

I would like to state that the pace of my life lately has not been at a slow one at all. So, to all of you that I have not called back or not emailed or seen, I am truly sorry! I have been running from one thing to another. Kennedy's birthday party is in 2 weeks and I have planned nothing! Not even to mention I have not bought one single gift yet. Well, I do have Santa presents for Kennedy, but that is it! I feel that life is in a blurr...

We had Sarah's shower today. My house was full of babies and pregnant people! It was fun! It is so neat to see God's work in our lives. I have this ornanment of Greg as a baby on my tree. Susan brought it over the year we moved in here. I LOVE pictures of Greg as a baby. They make my heart smile. I used to look at it and hope that someday I would have a precious baby that looked just like him. It is a neat reminder of how much God has given me since that day. I prayed for a baby, and God answered with my precious Kennedy. I looked around at the room full of babies today and thought how many hold-it babies God has given to all of us. How can you not believe?

Christmas is a time of miracles. I sometimes think Kennedy will be made at me about when her birthday is. But I can see so much meaning in the timing of her birth. What better time could God give me my miracle that the time we celebrate the ultimate miracle, Jesus. So in this season of miracles, I am going to run around in my busy life, go shopping, plan a 1st birthday party, go to Christmas parties and also stand still. I'll be still and know so much more than the years ago when I longingly looked at that baby picture of my precious husband and wondered what God would give me. I could never have imagined the joy!

Merry Christmas to you all! I love you!

2 comments:

Liza said...

Ditto on the pace of life. Tis the season I suppose!

Sarah said...

Thank you again for the wonderful shower! I can't believe how many hold it babies were there, and hold it babies that are about to come! It really is a miracle - I can't believe Banks is only 6 weeks away now... I can't wait to kiss his sweet little face!