
Well, the Olliff homestead has had a calm week for a change. It has been nice. I am posting tonight to remind all of my readers to remember my birthday tomorrow. Throughout the years, I have had countdowns starting on Sept 1 to let everyone know about the big day and how many days were left. I will never be one to not acknowledge my birthday and hope everyone remembers. I will just let you know so you don't forget! It is funny how important your birthday is when you are a kid. I still look forward to the big day every year. It has taken on a new meaning. I do love to be the center of attention for a day, those of you who know me have always known that, but my birthday is much more than that. It had that magical feeling for so long. Then I began to look forward to a new age, like 16, wow! I could drive or the big 21! Then I started thinking, man I am getting old. I have always been the oldest in my group of friends. That tradition has carried on into my adulthood. It used to be a good thing. I was 16 first. I was 21 first. But 29?
Tomorrow I begin my last year in my twenties. Sounds really old, right? So as I begin another wonderful year of life I am celebrating much more than my age. It is a day to look at my life and celebrate my blessings. I look forward to hearing from all my friends. I have always loved my birthday so much because I get to hear from everyone I love. That is better than any gift you can get. I look at my life sometimes and have to blink to make sure everything is still real. Every moment I look at my precious Kennedy, I smile and thank God for placing her in my life. Not every moment is bright and shiny, but I do search out the good rather than the bad. I know I am blessed. I have dear friends, old and new, and a wonderful family.
I look back on the past few years and realize all of the things I worried about I could have spent my time doing other things. God had a plan greater than I could have ever imagined and I just couldn't be patient and wait on Him. I'm glad we had to wait. It makes those moments when I see Greg take Kennedy and they play like there is nothing else around them, or when I sit in her room all painted and perfect and think of all the times I prayed for her in that room, when I realize it was all worth it. Every moment. So this year, I vow to take every moment and breathe it in. Even those crazy moments in Mrs. Olliff's classroom. I'll breathe those in too. Life is what we make it. We are only as old as we act. I love my age, my life, my friends, my family. Thank you for being a part of it. I look forward to all that comes our way!
I am posting a picture from tonight. She was so tired when we got home from church she was sucking her finger and wouldn't wake up for her bath! Crazy baby!
3 comments:
i'm mailing your present tomorrow! that's also when i will actually say those words ----- --------. but not today, because it's not your birthday yet.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks guys! :)
Post a Comment