Sunday, August 5, 2007

Those wonderful chairs.....




Greg came home Friday with two Adirondack chairs. Sounds pretty ordinary but adirondack chairs go way back in our history. A long, long, time ago on St. Simon's Island there were many adirondack chairs sitting on the pier. I have sat with many of you and contemplated life in those chairs. They are very special and hold many good memories. I decided I might like Greg while sitting in those chairs! Liza and I figured out life's most important questions in those chairs. They became a symbol of our friendship. They got rid of those chairs for some reason a few years ago. Liza and I were so sad. They put in benches instead! So now in my backyard lie two adirondack chairs. It makes me very happy. Kennedy and I went out at sat in them today and contemplated life. She told me life is pretty great. I agree. I hope that in your backyard you find a symbol of life's greatness like I do. I get to look at my new chairs and think of how great and full my life is, past and present. You all are invited to come sit in them with me!

1 comment:

Liza said...

all the more reason for me to come visit SOON. i have lots of questions lately that i think could only be answered by sitting in the chairs!

and really-benches? you can't figure out life's problems by sitting on benches! i still don't know what those st. simmonites were thinking.