You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
Monday, July 16, 2007
A long, long,time ago.....
So for those of you who know, I am sure you all remember, Greg and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary this friday. I cannot believe how fast these years have gone by. It seems like yesterday we were moving into our little red barn. I miss the barn! Good times were had by all there! Aahhh the barn parties....... My point here is that each and every one of you that were a part of my wedding need to observe Friday as a holiday. You must take out my wedding photos, you should all have at least one, and take a moment to bask in my glory with me. You might scream, look at my hair! or gosh Katie was so small back then! or why did I wear that to the rehearsal dinner? (not pointing any fingers at anyone, but Courtney you could have chosen something different than Cindy, right? :) but the main point here is to remember the good times we had that weekend and know that I still look back and cherish all of you being there. And to those my dear new friends I have made since them, some of whom I will now name as my honorary bridesmaids, you must also set aside Friday as a holiday. Just because you couldn't make it years ago doesn't mean you can't celebrate the day! July 20th should always be a happy day for everyone! And those of you who know me, know I tend to be a bit bossy! So I happy 5th anniversary to everyone! Congrats on making it through with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oh the barn...i loved the barn! my favorite barn memory is when Greg came out of the bathroom after showering, wrapped in my towel!
and the wedding weekend memories-good times. i tell stories from that weekend often, especially about how we got kicked out of several different pools, and how i celebrated with Greg's family after the wedding, and how i just assumed that Jennifer and Chad were actually related to Greg somehow...and more.
Wow, five years! Congrats!! We are only on number 2.
Let's see memories of the red barn--how many nights did I spend in the loft? Well, once a month, huh!? I must say that I miss those times!
I will not go into photos of myself at your wedding. You were beautiful of course, but well, let's just say I've looked better. Despite that, I will try to take a moment to celebrate for you and Greggy-Peck on Friday!
Liza--I too often reminisce over the times that we were kicked out of the pools. Who knew the pools were only for guests and that you had to have on a bathing suit? Good times!
Remember us on the 21st!! Congrats!
Post a Comment