Sunday, February 5, 2012

Moments to Cherish

This was Kennedy's 5 Father Daughter Dance. I get really emotional each year as I send her off. It all means so much to me. Brooke and Boyd started the foundation of "Bethany's Place" in memory of their daughter. I'll never in my life forget that sweet baby. They cherished each second they had with her on earth. I remember just saying over and over how I didn't know how they could handle going through all of that. So each year, as I watch my own little miracle prance out the door with a huge smile on her face to spend a magical evening with her daddy I cherish the moment. I love that one of the things Brooke and Boyd chose to do was a dance for Daddies and their daughters. I can't think of a more fitting way to remember to cherish each moment and just let these little girls know how special they are to us. This year all of the proceeds went to help another very special little girl, Anna Hays. Anna Hays is in Whit's preschool class, she's 3, and battling Leukemia. It made me proud for the Green's this year. The fact that what they have done and grown this to be can go to help another little girl is such a special thing.

I titled this moments to cherish. I think that is the best way to describe this. I hope you take time to cherish your children. It's easy to get caught up int he worldly things, but those moments of calm and quiet, which I know are few and far between, are where I hear the Lord speak so loudly to me. Cherish this. So, I do. I try so hard to. I adore being a mom to my precious babies. I am so thankful for times that we stop to remember how blessed we really are.





No comments: