This is as close as we are going to get this year!! My boys with Santa. :)
This afternoon we headed over to GSU for the lighting of the Christmas tree at Sweetheart Circle. I love going to this every year! You get to spend as much time with Santa as you want and what is better than a GSU Santa?? Kennedy LOVED talking to him this year. She quickly told him that she really, really, wanted an American Girl Doll. I loved that all the GSU students in line for Santa were reminicing about their American Girl dolls as she went on and on about hers!
Again, Whitty did not want to get near Santa! After this picture he says, "Mommy, I need to tell Santa what I want!" I said "Do you want to sit in his lap?' He said, "NO! I just need to get a little close. " So, I leaned over that stage, far enough away for my baby to talk to him, and he yells, "Hey Santa! I want a digger truck! A big yellow digger truck!" Santa smiles and says he thinks he can handle that. :)
It's been a busy week, only to be a busier weekend. I had a semi breakdown about it this afternoon, but after a nice glass of wine, kids in bed early, and a moment to actually sit, I am once again thankful for even crazy days like this. It is just a reminder that I need to stop more. I got a letter in the mail from our preschool director. It said that she prays for each child in the program for one week during the year. This week she has prayed for Whit by name. Well, now that put me in my place. How amazing to have someone take that time to call on our Lord and pray for MY baby by name all week. I needed that today. Decemeber is a crazy busy month. I hope I take time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas!
Merry Christmas and Happy December!
No comments:
Post a Comment