
She put herself to bed tonight. She told me goodnight, she went and brushed her teeth, then climbed into her bed. It was 7:30. I was in shock. ;) I went to say her prayers with her and at the end we always say what we are thankful for. Tonight I ended with, "thank you God for my miracle, Kennedy, that I prayed and prayed for. She's my dream come true." Kennedy looks back and me with a HUGE grin on her face and says, " You mean like Mary prayed and prayed for baby Jesus and God gave Him to her?" My little miracle is about to turn 5 in a week. I hope she always know how much we wanted her. The baby I never thought I would hold is now almost 5. Here she is, with her almost Christmas birthday and she sees how much Jesus was longed for as well. I love that she is my almost Christmas baby. It is such a thankful time of year. I am thankful for so many things, but my babies are at the tip top of the list. There seem to be too many
tragedies surrounding us lately. I have been praying and praying for a little boy that was in a car wreck and in critical condition. A family in my hometown was in a fire and the dad passed away yesterday. He died saving his son. I can't get these things off my mind, so I just pray. I am so thankful for a burdened heart. It has made me ever closer to God. So tonight, I pray again for all the families I know that are suffering. I pray an extra prayer of thankfulness for God's protection over my family. It's the family I prayed for and He answered in a bigger way than I could have ever imagined. That little girl, that is almost 5, all snuggled in her bed tonight is a testament to the power of prayer. I am so thankful for our faith. Merry Christmas to all of you!!!
1 comment:
Wishing your blog simply had a "like" button today... sometimes that is all there is to say. :)
Post a Comment