Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Deliriously Happy

It's that time of year again! The time where I get to rest and reflect. I get to enjoy lazy days with my babies. I also have time to realize how grown up they are getting. It is giving me more freedom the these days. It is a nice feeling. Having two kids in a year and a half is a lot on a mommy. It is hard, but today, almost 3 years later I am seeing the rewards. There are way too many to even list!

Greg's been having some health issues. We finally found out the cause of it. He was diagnosed with medically induced lupus. It is being caused by his medicine for his Chrohn's disease. So, we had big decisions to make. We worked with two doctors and with a lot of prayer decided on the best route for him. I haven't been with him to the dr since he was really sick. I remember sitting
in that office feeling defeated. We wanted to have a baby, the medicine he was on was not helping, our only alternative was not something we wanted to be on while trying to get pregnant. It was a really hard time in our lives. We went through a lot of dr's to get to where we were and FINALLY we found something that made him well again. Here we are 5 years later and that medicine was still working, but causing other health issues. So, back to the drawing board we go, and lay out our options. I really feel good about the decision we made. The dr said something that really stuck out to me. He's not going to die of Chrohn's Disease. His life span is not shortened. I joke and say I did not go into this marriage knowing I would marry a man with health issues. Greg is the bulk of our health bills each month. He is always meeting that deductible and our out of pocket expenses. But to think of him having something serious and actually losing him, puts it all in perspective. Our vows were in sickness and in health. I think we all just think it will always be in health. Or we at least pray it will. Greg's issues are a nuisance. They are harder on him, but they affect all of us. Yet, we are still so blessed. We are blessed with good doctors, medicine options to try, and a prognosis that is good. I think Tonya taught us so much this year. It makes you stop and think everytime you get a clean bill of health. She taught me even more to appreciate each day. I think we all live out our wedding vows each day. The day to day activity gets overwhelming, but in the end, the one I chose to spend my life with was the most perfect choice. I joke about Greg a lot, but yesterday I was again reminded of how lucky I am. He's not perfect, but neither are any of us. I am truly blessed to have him in my life. So, that is my deliriously happy statement for the day. I am blessed beyond words as always, and today I am thanking God for that. I wish I took time every single day to say that. Today, I feel like shouting it. My neighbor's might think I am crazy though. I'll just say it quietly.








No comments: