Sunday, April 10, 2011

K and her Drew




We had our babies so close to each other that we decided they had to be friends. Greg and Chad were friends from birth and actually formed a true friendship. I love how well Chad knows Greg. It kind of makes me giggle to hear them argue about something. Chad is the younger one, but a bit more of the grown up. ;) I have loved Jen since I got to know her. So when we had kids, it seemed that they were destined to be best friends. So this conversation I am about to share is special to me. I know I'll forget all these 4 year old things so I wanted to document a little. The kids were playing in the yard and Drew and I sat down for a little chat....


Me: Did you know Whit is going to your school next year?

D: No, does Miss Mary Beth know who he is??

Me: Yes she does. Maybe he'll be in her class!

D: I'm going to pre-k with Kennedy! Will she be in my class??

Me: I am not sure. Would you wave at her from your line if she is in another class?

D: (very shyly) Yes, Katie

Me: What if you and Kennedy were not at the same school? (they are going to be I just wanted to see his response)

D: WHAT? I would be so sad. I think I would cry forever. I want her at my school. I would be the saddest boy in the whole wide world!

K joins us at this point and i ask her the same thing

K: I would be so sad, Mommy! I love Drew. I have to go to school with Drew!


I know this might sound like the most boring conversation in the world, but to me it means so much. They have such a love for each other. It is a devoted friendship that makes this mommy really happy. I love you Kennedy Susan and Drewbie Prosser. I hope you always take care of each other.


Oh, and I told them I was just kidding. They will be in pre-k together next year. Maybe in the same class! :) Fingers crossed!!!


And of course, I had to document the moment. It didn't take too much convincing for them to be super sweet to each other. :)

1 comment:

Kittie said...

Thank you so much for documenting all this for us!