
My mom always complains that I don't answer the phone when she calls. She'll leave messages that say, "katie, this is your birth mother." She'll say things like, "I wish I still had my mom here so I could ignore her phone calls. I would love to have her here where I could not pick up the phone!" Oh, dear Phyllis, you are not underappreciated. You are not being ignored. I am just a busy mom. I will say I am thankful. I am thankful that our relationship survived my teenage years. I talk to my mom every morning on our way to work. I don't like it when I don't get that call. It is an important part of my day. So, mom, I am thankful for 32 years of your love and understanding. I hope we have 32 more! That way you can see me in my 60's. That be pretty awesome. :) LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment