Monday, October 11, 2010

It's my choice!


A little background on Kennedy before I begin this story....she has sucked her finger since she was 6 months old. When she finally grew hair long enough in the front she began to twirl that in front of her face and suck her finger when she was tired. On to the story now....
At the dinner table:
Whit grabs his paci and comes to eat. We inform him that he can only have it when he is going to bed. He has a breakdown. ( I know, I know, we are working on it)
Kennedy: I don't have a papi. I'm a big girl.
Us: Yes, but you still suck your finger. You are going to have to stop doing that.
K: Well, I like eating my hair and sucking my finger.
Us: You really need to stop doing that. Maybe we can work on not doing it anymore.
Then she looks at both of us as if to say, I dare you to try to make me stop. She puts her hands on her hips and in the sassiest voice I have ever heard from her she says, "Well, I like it, and I can keep doing it because IT IS MY CHOICE!"
Oh, dear God.....we are in trouble with this one! ;)

No comments: