Sunday, October 31, 2010

A HAPPY October!

Today, my youngest niece, Paisley turns 5. I can't believe she is five! I mentioned it to Greg the other day and then I remembered. I know all the time. I just don't think about it daily anymore. They say time heals all wounds, and I think time helps a great deal. Tonya and I were due a few weeks apart when she was pregnant with Paisley. I really thought it would be hard for me to watch her grow up knowing I should have a baby her same age. Back to our conversation, I say to Greg, do you think we would have Kennedy? Or Whit? What would our life be like?? God's plan is a pretty good one. I think so often we have it all planned out on our own. We know what we want and how we want it to go. It doesn't always work out that way. 5 years ago my life was sad. I was broken. My heart was in a million pieces. I thought that I might never be able to be myself again. I thought I would cry everytime I saw my sweet niece. But instead, God healed me. He gave me an angel in heaven and he healed me. He gave me a gift I will never regret. He blessed me with the knowledge that life doesn't always go my way, but HIS plan is better than mine would ever be. He showed me how to be grateful. He showed me how to look at each moment and cherish them. It's October and I am happy. It's Paisley's birthday and I am thankful. I am thankful for her precious life and what she brings to our family. I love that I have her as a reminder of God's love. I won't ever forget that year or those moments. I still cry when I start thinking about what we went through, but today I can smile and be happy. I am a very blessed mommy and I will be forever thankful for each and everyday I get to be just that.

2 comments:

Kasey said...

AMEN Katie. I'm thankful for your restoration and your gift of Kennedy. ....and Whit...

Anne Hutchison said...

Awwww.....I'm sure Pai Pai will want 2 look at this blog as soon as she can read! Aren't 5 year olds adorable?