Gosh, I feel like I am in a whirlwind. I don't have a moment to myself these days. Greg has been gone every night this week and I am WORN out! It is not an easy task these days to put my kids to bed. Or maybe I should say to put Whit to bed. It takes more than one person or a lot of patience. I was playing around on the computer catching up on blog's when I went to Bethany's blog. She has a little girl that has survived multiple heart surgeries and I am truly amazed with what they have been through. Bethany posted an update on a family that was having a son with a similar heart condition. I clicked on their blog and I cannot explain what happened after that. It was like I was suppossed to read it at the exact time that I did. Their son was just born and fighting for his life when I started reading. He lost his battle and is now resting with our Lord. She had posted pictures of his nursery and I can't get that out of my mind. Expecting to bring your baby home is a normal thing. To come home to an empty nursery is a nightmare I hope to never endure. I hope no one ever endures that. All this to say, I am now diligently praying for a family I don't even know. They are on my mind so many times during the day. I think I was supposed to read that and commit to prayer for them. Our lives are so fragile and we forget. We take life for granted. I've lived a great 31 years so far. I should stop and appreciate that. I get to stare at my 2 year old as he falls asleep each night. I get to listen to my 3 year old's endless stories. I get to see my son and daughter grow and change with each day. I'm here on earth and I am thankful for each moment. I've had some hard days this summer but I am truly thankful for God's reminder to appreciate EVERYTHING. I hope you do too. I love you all dearly!
If you want to keep up with the family I mentioned here is the link to their blog: www.lukesexton.blogspot.com
1 comment:
Thanks so much for sharing, Katie. I have many days when I don't feel up to the task of parenting, but stories like this put things in perspective. Clearly I am meant to do the job that I am doing and need to see it as a blessing even when it seems much too hard. I will certainly keep this family in my prayers.
Post a Comment