Wednesday, June 2, 2010

JOY! JOY! JOY!

Nope, it's not Christmas. :) About a year ago I posted about our friends Sommer and Joseph. They went through the horrible loss of their daughter Ella who was born at around 24 weeks of pregnancy. I know many of you prayed and prayed for them. Today, they welcomed their son into this world. Joseph Tate Shuford was born healthy and strong weighing in at 6 lbs 10 ounces. I cried. What an answered prayer. What a testimony of the love of our Lord! I am truly in awe today. This is a day I prayed for them for a long time. I've prayed for this baby for a very long time too. We all know our children are gifts. We all know how special they are. But for some, the walk to meet them is long and hard. It only makes us stronger. It only gives us greater love than before. I'm full of JOY today for our friends. They've taught me a lot over the past year about faith. They've always had peace in knowing their daughter is with the Lord. I think little Ella Faith is smiling today knowing her brother is in her Mommy and Daddy's arms.

Father,

Thank you for the gift of children. Each moment that we have with them is precious. I know that each moment of my life is not spent saying thank you. I wish I would stop more and be thankful. I'm truly joyful today. Your blessings on the Shuford's are more than I can ever put in words. Each of us are a witness to the love you have for us. May you bless sweet little Tate as he grows. May you watch over his sweet family all the days that are ahead. In your name I pray.

Amen

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

You continue to amaze me..you continue to be the perfect child as well as an amazing Christian witness, wife, mother, friend and teacher, as well as daughter...I did nothing in my life to deserve you; therefore I thank God daily for you Katie, an undeserved blessing in my life. I thank God he gave you also the gift of a daughter. I do not anyway minimize our amazing sons. But today, this moment, I celebrate you, daughter. Love, Mom

Lauren said...

That is great news! I didn't even realize Sommer was expecting!