I hope he doesn't grow up to be one. This is a story to document a big moment for Whit. It was one of my lowest moments as a parent. This and kennedy's broken arm really are the scariest thus far.
Whit would not take a nap Saturday. He finally fell asleep for about an hour but woke up really cranky. His eyes were swollen he was still so tired. So, I, the good mother, take him back to his crib. I place my crying baby in his crib and kiss him. He is really mad at me at this point. This is where I walk away. Then I see my worst fear. He reaches for me while screaming, pushes with all his might, and throws himself out of his crib! I watched as my child somersaulted to the floor. This is where my heart stops beating and I rush to retrieve my child that I know has broken every bone in his body. He is screaming, I am screaming, Greg is running because I am screaming. I don't have much clue what happened after this. We discovered he could still move and seemed fine. He was just upset because it scared him and I think my reaction was not the greatest one. There are moments that you can replay over and over and this is one that will never leave me. I'm thankful he was ok!
Whit, I know you are a boy with super human strength and throughout life you will make my heart stop with the things you do. But, will you please, please, take it easy on Mommy? I don't know how much of this I can take!
I think a big boy bed is in our very near future.
Kennedy wakes up at least 20 minutes after I have calmed Whit down. Please remember at one point I am SCREAMING at the top of my lungs. She prances in from her nap and says, "Is Whit ok, Mommy? What's everyone screaming about?" :) Such a good big sister. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment