Gosh, life just flies. I cannot believe that it is almost Spring! These children of mine have kept me VERY busy. I have been such a bad blogger lately. You know that is not like me at all!!I got to go to a baby shower tonight for a sweet baby we have prayed for to get here for a long time. I love meeting these babies. The walk some of us have taken to become mothers have not been easy ones, but the outcome is such a wonderful sweet moment. I'll never look at these hold it babies and not forget all those moments I prayed for them before they ever existed. I am thankful for modern medicine. It is how we got our Kennedy here. I am also thankful for our God, who is so much more powerful than anything we have here on Earth. That's how these babies get here. It's through His power. I have been blessed. I find it quite humorous when I am asked if we are having more children. I couldn't ever decide that one. God gave me these two and if He wants me to have another one that I'll take it with great honor. If not, I'll spend each and every moment soaking in the childhood of my two miracles.
In all the drama that is my life, I missed the fact that Whit is now 20 months old! :) In four short months, he will be a 2 year old. I cannot believe that! I don't like to think about that actually. It makes me sad!! I remember thinking how big Kennedy was when she was this age. Whit's not big. He is still my BABY!
Trains are one of his favorite things these days. I am amazed at the fact that he can put an entire track together. This night I went in his room and he had done all of this himself. What a big boy! We've spent a lot of time with a cold the past few weeks. He is a professional at breathing treatments. Kennedy said this morning, "Mommy, don't forget Whit's breathing treatment!" That is funny to hear from a 3 year old!! He's not a big fan of these late in the day. He tolerates them though. He also learned what medicine is and can say, plain as day, "Medicine!" It is super cute.

He talks so much there is no way for me to list his words. He's like his sister in that area. She might have been a little ahead of him at this point. I can carry on full conversations with him and I know he understands what I say. If he doesn't he asks again. His words are becoming clearer and clearer. You might not understand, "scrawbeberry" but to me it totally means strawberry. I love this stage so much. I love watching them expand their knowledge and how excited they get about it. It makes me happy!!

And not to leave out Miss Priss, our queen of frills and bows! She is so much fun. She gets mad at that brother of hers, but for the most part they get along. They pretend together now and it is so sweet. Last night they had a pajama party and pretended to go to sleep. Whit went right along with it. She also turned him into a dog, which he proudly crawled around the house barking after her. Again, this makes me happy.

I am blessed. What a wonderful life it is to have all I ever dreamed of. Don't get me wrong, I still dream of a HUGE house, being able to shop for whatever I want, a clean house all the time....there are things I wish for, but these children, these moments, these are what my true dreams are made of. I am blessed.
5 comments:
Katie,
I am SO with you on your thoughts of our miracle babies. I look at BOTH of mine as such a miracle and a blessing in and of themselves. God has been so good to us and I am FOREVER grateful of been giving the greatest gifts of all. How I cherish and love each moment w/ my babies!!!! I think most moms are but when you go through trials just to get them here - it hits home a little harder at how miraculous they are and how honorable it is be a mommy. Our stories are similar yet different but all holds true at the end of being a mommy! We are blessed!
Amy
Also, I came across your blog a little while ago - I love seeing your children - so precious! I try to keep mine journaled but I don't do so good at keeping it current. :( boo!
Thanks Amy! You are sweet. Tonya makes fun of my blogging. Hahaha! :) It really is a blessing to be able to be thankful. I say all the time how glad I am to know that.
Absolutely! I would go through the heartache and tears a million times over to have the 2 sweet boys I have. I love to blog - just wish I did it more so I could really keep a good journal of the boys. Ours is set to private just because I didn't want "someone" to happenly come across it.
I love the red polka dot picture in the swing. SO cute!! We have got to get little L some white shoes!! Those are adorable!
Post a Comment