Sunday, October 4, 2009

2 short years ago....

I was cleaning out a jump drive to make room to move pictures around and save things when I found these. I got a little teary looking through them all. As you all know, I am a bit sentimental when it comes to these precious children of mine. These are from October of 2007. Only 2 short years ago....Whit didn't even exist yet, my Kennedy was still a little juicy baby....oh my, how life flies by. Here's a bit of my walk down memory lane.

That crazy hair! We had to put a bow in the top because it wouldn't stay anywhere else! It only grew down in the front....still does. This girl and her hair. No curls...so, so sad! :)

Kennedy and Mommy! Our first fall together. Gosh, I remember thinking how great she was. I was so happy to finally have her here and she was becoming such a little person. So full of joy!
I laughed when I saw this one. First, the fact that we went places together. Look Jen, we are in the same car! Those sweet babies go way, way back. K and Drewbie didn't miss a beat from the very beginning.



So, happy!! My little butterfly!


That hair again.....:) This was her first pair of jeans.



Look closely....you might not recognize everyone here...that's right, it's Lillian!! Well, now, she has changed since then, huh? :)





The love for football came early. I would also like to document that two years later, Greg chose to be in this same position with these two, ALL BY HIMSELF! The mommies took the babies home and Greg took our older kiddos to the game. Even Greg has grown up since then! :)


Every picture I looked through made me smile, even the crying Kennedy ones. We just look so happy when you look back. And as I think of it, we were. We still are. These children have filled my home with more joy than I ever imagined. Even though I had to physically hold that sweet Kennedy down today to make her put on shoes while she screamed, "I WANT TO STAY HOME!"...life is still good. It's the good ones that keep you going. Like right now, snuggling and watching Dora. Thank you Kennedy for the joy you bring. May you always know how much we enjoy your spirit. 2 years from now, I am sure you will be even more grown up and I'll look at today's pictures with sweet memories. Life goes by way to fast!!






1 comment:

Kittie "Kat" said...

The turtle for Halloween was not a big hit, but it sure was cute! Thanks for that walk down memory lane!!