Sunday, August 2, 2009

Taking steps!!

This is bitter sweet for me. I have these images of my two children playing in the backyard this fall. They can run and play....mmmm...sounds so nice. Then I have the thought of my BABY not being a baby anymore but a toddler. Most of the time I feel like Whit might be my last baby. (Sorry to my future baby if you come one day.....mommy loves you too. ) So, I think about letting go of babyhood forever which is sad, yet exciting as well. All this to say, Whit is taking lots and lots of steps lately!! I went into K's room tonight with him like this....
Playing...
And he's up....pusing the grocery cart across the room. I take the cart and he walks across the room to get it from me. ACROSS THE ROOM!!!!
My big boy...growing up too fast. I yelled for Greg to get the video camera. Disc full, it says. Seriously? So all I have are these pics and my moment. You are growing up too fast Whit. I am so, so proud of you. Keep stepping...you'll get it!!

I'll keep you updated on the walking status. I give him a month and he'll be running!! :)

2 comments:

Liza said...

First of all, that tan is insane.

Secondly, let me just go on record here and say that he's not your last baby. I don't know when, obviously, but I just don't feel like you are done quite yet :)

Sarah said...

Amen to both of Liza's comments.

And, wow, he's growing up! I'm so proud of you Whit!