Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Life

Life is not always easy. Throw in two kids under 2 and my life is really not easy. I get overwhelmed at times, but for the most part my life is just how I want it. "They" say that kids grow up so fast. I don't think you realize it until you have children of your own. These infants, our babies, are placed in our arms for the first time and depend 100% on us. A year later, they are saying..nananana (Whit's version of no no) when you tell them no. They are the same eyes, same smile, but with a better understanding of the world each day. I am utterly and completely in awe. I know that sounds silly because I have seen other people grow up. It is just not the same when it is your child. My little girl, my baby, is now a girl. She is truly a girl, not a baby. I have long conversations about everything with her. She in constantly asking questions and learning each day. She amazes me.

My son...wow. One week from Friday he will turn one. One....my BABY turning one. I can't even stand the thought of the Happy Birthday song. That one makes me cry so hard! And the first time you sing it to a baby...oh my goodness I can't hold it together! It is a proud moment for me. A year...we have nurtured him, loved him, and he has given us so much more in return. What a wonderful thing to celebrate...our first year with our son.
Life....it is hard sometimes. I am overwhelmed some days. I cry sometimes. I laugh a lot of times. I yell at Greg sometimes...(ok maybe a lot) My children make me cry sometimes. They make me laugh so hard I can't breathe at times. My house is clean sometimes and sometimes it is just not. Such is life....and I am so thankful I have such a good one. Thank you God for blessing me beyond anything I ever asked for! This life you have given me is just perfect...just perfect in the non perfect way. And that is the way I like it.

3 comments:

Haylee said...

just perfect! :) love it!

Aims said...

I agree - what a great post!
I've said it before, I'll say it again - you are a great mother Katie and those babes are so blessed to have you! I'm only observing via the web, but I can tell through your words and their smiles that they are happy and loved!

Sarah said...

Well said! You are such a good mommy - what lucky kids! I can't believe they grow up - so bittersweet, but that too is life. You are so blessed!