I am truly blessed to be their mommy. I prayed for so long for just one baby to hold. I just wanted one healthy baby that would make it here to earth. I wanted to hold him or her and look into their eyes and tell them how much I loved them. God answered that prayer. He answered in a huge way. My life changed when I became a mom. Katie changed into a new Katie I think. I like how it changed me. My heart, my soul, is new. It is my privilege to call you my children, my sweet babies. Each choice I have made I have tried to make for you. I hope that you see when you are all grown up how much you both mean to me. I love you!!You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
Sunday, July 12, 2009
1,215 days...
This blog has been in my head for a very long time. I could not imagine what it would feel like when it got here. And when it did, it was not as life transforming as I thought it would be. I have officially been nursing or pregnant, at times I was both, for at least 1,215 days...give or take a few. I nursed Kennedy for 13 months and Whit for 11 1/2. Kennedy was 10 months old when I got pregnant with Whit, so there is the pregnant and nursing part. That is a total of 3 years and about 4 months. WOW! I am finally, all to myself again. I pictured it being liberating. I would be free. I could do whatever I wanted!! It is pretty freeing. It is quite liberating. I do miss it a little...not much..just a little. I am forever thankful to my nursing friends and my sweet husband for helping me through to a year. I don't think it is something that you can do without support. It was hard at times. It was a joy and privilege at others. I think back and wonder if it was all worth it. Hmmm...Let's see...does it look worth it?
I am truly blessed to be their mommy. I prayed for so long for just one baby to hold. I just wanted one healthy baby that would make it here to earth. I wanted to hold him or her and look into their eyes and tell them how much I loved them. God answered that prayer. He answered in a huge way. My life changed when I became a mom. Katie changed into a new Katie I think. I like how it changed me. My heart, my soul, is new. It is my privilege to call you my children, my sweet babies. Each choice I have made I have tried to make for you. I hope that you see when you are all grown up how much you both mean to me. I love you!!
I am truly blessed to be their mommy. I prayed for so long for just one baby to hold. I just wanted one healthy baby that would make it here to earth. I wanted to hold him or her and look into their eyes and tell them how much I loved them. God answered that prayer. He answered in a huge way. My life changed when I became a mom. Katie changed into a new Katie I think. I like how it changed me. My heart, my soul, is new. It is my privilege to call you my children, my sweet babies. Each choice I have made I have tried to make for you. I hope that you see when you are all grown up how much you both mean to me. I love you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Bravo Mama - you deserve a round of applause! :)
I had no idea nursing would consume me in such wonderful and frustrating ways... I especially had no idea how much resistance I'd get from people, y'know? You are so, SO right about having support. I'm sticking to my guns and pressing on, in the hopes of being able to claim what you have!
THANKS!! Hey..if you need me to keep you going just let me know! I will give you lots and lots of reasons to keep going! It is so worth it...so, so worth it!
Yes, so rewarding. So, so rewarding. All that time when YOU were the only one who could meet their needs. In pregnancy, you sustained them. By nursing, your nourished them. You did so much for them.
WOW! First of all this was such a touching post. Being a mother is such a gift! And second, kudos to you for nursing so long! Great pictures! Gotta love 'em in something smocked!
Wow! What a wonderful post. I hope you print these or save them somehow, because both kids will want to read these beautiful writings one day, Katie!
Post a Comment