The kids are playing in my room. They both run out so excited about something. They are both talking SO fast I cannot understand a word they are saying. So I say, "Stop talking and we are going to talk one at a time." Kennedy went first and said, "Mommy, can we go get some ice cream at Mr. Boyd's?" Now, here I am a bit shocked that they came up with this so I ask Drew what he wanted. He says, "Can we please go get some ice cream from Mr. Boyd's?" This is when my heart melts because they have never come up with something like this on their own. This meant they were talking about it together and decided together to come ask us. I told them to ask the daddies and they begged and begged. The daddies are now at Bruster's with those precious babies. When did they get this grown up? I love these two...it seems like yesterday we were just waiting on them to get here. I feel like we have a lot of trouble in the future with this pair! You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
Sunday, June 28, 2009
A moment to remember
There are moments when parenting is so hard. Then there are those that make my stomach jump and a tear comes to my eye. Sometimes I even have a few more tears than that. I love to have happy tears for my kids. :) Drew and Kennedy had one of those moments for me tonight.......
The kids are playing in my room. They both run out so excited about something. They are both talking SO fast I cannot understand a word they are saying. So I say, "Stop talking and we are going to talk one at a time." Kennedy went first and said, "Mommy, can we go get some ice cream at Mr. Boyd's?" Now, here I am a bit shocked that they came up with this so I ask Drew what he wanted. He says, "Can we please go get some ice cream from Mr. Boyd's?" This is when my heart melts because they have never come up with something like this on their own. This meant they were talking about it together and decided together to come ask us. I told them to ask the daddies and they begged and begged. The daddies are now at Bruster's with those precious babies. When did they get this grown up? I love these two...it seems like yesterday we were just waiting on them to get here. I feel like we have a lot of trouble in the future with this pair!
The kids are playing in my room. They both run out so excited about something. They are both talking SO fast I cannot understand a word they are saying. So I say, "Stop talking and we are going to talk one at a time." Kennedy went first and said, "Mommy, can we go get some ice cream at Mr. Boyd's?" Now, here I am a bit shocked that they came up with this so I ask Drew what he wanted. He says, "Can we please go get some ice cream from Mr. Boyd's?" This is when my heart melts because they have never come up with something like this on their own. This meant they were talking about it together and decided together to come ask us. I told them to ask the daddies and they begged and begged. The daddies are now at Bruster's with those precious babies. When did they get this grown up? I love these two...it seems like yesterday we were just waiting on them to get here. I feel like we have a lot of trouble in the future with this pair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So sweet! Have you ever seen a sweeter pair!?!
precious! it's a little scary when they get a mind of their own :)
Post a Comment