Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Here's to my kids!!! :)

Let me update you on poor Kennedy. She did actually fracture her arm on Sunday. We found out yesterday. We started thinking something wasn't right when I would touch her arm or pull her out of the car seat. So we took her just in case and I am now glad we did. We went to the orthopedist today and he said her break looks good. A good break?!! Well at least it is a good break! She does NOT have to wear a cast...woo hooo!! She is to wear a brace for 10 days and we go back for a recheck. I would like to give my daughter some big props for how she has handled this. She cried on the way out of the pediatrician's office when we first had to brace it. She took it off I think 2 times after that and since then she has just adjusted. Not to mention she went 2 days with a broken arm and you never would have known it! My child is pretty darn tough if you ask me. She will now tell you that the Dr. told her to wear it. I wonder if "the doctor told you to use the potty" will work. Hmmmm....:)

And Whitty Whit has made a huge accomplishment today as well. He has been fussy the past day or so. I think he is teething. We came home tonight while Greg and K went to Chad's soccer game. I love getting a little time with him. He was cracking me up. He was in the best mood! I wonder if he just needed some mommy time. He crawled up to me tonight and pulled up on my leg and sat on his knees. First of all he never does that. He was in that position and just looked at me like he was so proud. Then he stood up on his legs!!! WHAT?!!! So Whit has officially pulled up for the first time. He quickly fell over because he was in a ridiculous position and could not figure out how to stand. Sweet baby.... I was walking at 9 months! I am very glad that isn't happening around here. I have a feeling he is rapidly learning new skills though. Last night I asked where he was and Greg says, "on the other side of the couch." I go looking and can't find him. Not in the living room, not in the hall, not in my room.....panic...found him in Kennedy's room! My house is so not very big but I was scared for a minute. Hold on little boy...quit growing up SO fast! I held my baby like a baby for a long time tonight in his towel after his bath. He just looked at me and cackled....he is still my baby, right?

5 comments:

Liza said...

Hey, you should try that Doctor told you to use the potty thing! It just might work!

Meredith Vasey said...

I'm so glad that Kennedy is on the road to recovery! She really is a tough little cookie! :)

Phyllis said...

Dearest Daughter, You will always hold your baby like a baby in your heart. Love, Mom

Bethany said...

Kennedy IS so tough! Poor baby! I hope that she heals quickly! Babies seem to do that. :)

And Whit is just too sweet!

hollygg said...

Poor Kennedy! I'm glad she's doing ok, but how are you doing??? I hope she heals quickly!