Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The sounds of my children

I love to hear a baby talk. I really really love it. I love to go back and listen to Kennedy's first words that sound just like her sweet voice I hear every day. Whit came home yesterday from Michelle's babbling his very first real sounds. It made my heart melt....he says ba, ba, bu, bu, bu... and then looks at me so happy about it. He gets so proud of himself! I just love it. He is so sweet that baby...so sweet!

And my Kennedy...the sounds we hear from her lately might be crying (we do that a lot for no reason) and a little whining (we are also currently doing that a lot) and then of course her stories which I love. She went to the GSU baseball game tonight with Greg and came home talking all about GUS. And tonight as we read her favorite Big Sister book I would pause at certain points and she would fill in every word. Then we go to say our prayers and I tell her to put her hands together and she proceeds to say, "God is great, God is good, let us thank him for our food." So no matter we go through with my sweet and crazy 2 year old, she ends the day making me smile.

I love the sounds of my children.

No comments: