Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Little Whitfield

Such a big name for such a small boy! I love my little Whitfield! Today Whit turned 5 months old! He was not feeling so photogenic tonight. I took about 50 pictures and these were the only ones I was happy with. He spit up all over his outfit when we got home (He NEVER spits up). I went to throw a onesie on him and discovered I had none to fit him. Then I remembered Kennedy had this little Christmas one last year. I put it on him and it fit!! WHAT?!! It was a little big but it fit. In case you didn't know they are 18 months apart not a year. Crazy huh?
At 5 Months

*You are SO happy! You smile at us and laugh everyday. You love to see us in the morning and you even take time from eating to just look at me and smile.
* You sleep through the night!!! I mean officially like I say goodnight to you at 7:15ish and most nights I don't see you until I have to wake you up at 6:30 to eat before school. It is WONDERFUL!
*I will still say dinner time is your favorite time of day. You love to have all your favorite people in one place. You sit in my lap and just grin at your Daddy and sister. One night Chad was over and you couldn't find your daddy so you starting crying really hard! Then he started talking to you and you stopped! It melted that DaDa's heart. :)
*You can now play with toys! This is a great world for you. You get so excited and play and play. Maybe Santa will bring you some new ones!
*You love your big sister. You get a kiss every morning from her.

A son is something so special. I knew in my heart I longed for a girl to dress up but never did I expect the love a little boy gives his mommy. One look from you and I am teary. I can already see a genuine love and appreciation from you. Maybe you are going to grow up and be sweet like that daddy of yours. I am enjoying all these small steps you are taking my sweet Whit. I know it will fly by. It already has. I love every minute of your sweet babyhood. I am constantly amazed at how a mother's heart can grow. You've found your place here sweet Whit. You've joined our family and now we can't imagine life without you. You are the piece we were missing. We love you so much!

2 comments:

Liza said...

NO! 5 months means almost 6 months which means half a year and I so not ok with him growing so fast!

Katie said...

Me either!