You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
Sunday, December 21, 2008
The Happy Birthday Song
All your life you hear this song many times of year. Sometimes you sing it for a friend. Once a year you get the song sung to you. I will never forget little Drew Prosser's first birthday when the room full of people sang Happy Birthday to that sweet baby who had no clue it was for him. I cried. (I cry a lot) Then my precious Kennedy turned one and we sang that same old song to her. All my life it has just been a song but now having my children it brings a new meaning. I remember singing it to Kennedy for the first time and her little innocent eyes just looking around at everyone. And this year again she just looked at everyone as they sang. She can also join in and sing every word this year! It means more to me that just wishing them a happy day. I waited so long to have a baby to sing to. I wanted and longed for that sweet baby that I didn't imagine the life after she was no longer one. Each year I will sing my sweet baby Happy Birthday. And I might cry every year. I'll won't cry because she's another year older. I'll cry because I am grateful. I am grateful for another year I got to spend with her. God gave me such a precious Christmas gift two years ago. I sometimes think it will be hard on her to have a Christmas birthday. But what better time in the year to celebrate my miracle than the time we celebrate our one true miracle in Jesus Christ! December is all about Jesus and Kennedy around the Olliff house! My sweet Kennedy, I am so proud to be your mommy. I will forever be grateful for having you in my life. Happy "almost" Birthday! You still have a few more days of 1!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
beautiful katie, just beautiful! now, let me dry my eyes and get busy around here! happy birthday kennedy!
Now I'm crying happy tears too. Very well said :)
Post a Comment