Monday, November 24, 2008

This mommy is thankful!


I know I am constantly blogging about my extreme happiness, so if that gets on your nerves just look at the pictures and stop reading.....
Thanksgiving is time to reflect on the things we are thankful for. Last year we discovered we were adding to our family and now I stand here a year later and I am truly so thankful. I am thankful for gifts I asked for and ones I didn't know I needed to complete my heart. When we looked at this house I remember looking out the window in what was then just an empty room thinking this could be the window I look out of as I rock my first baby. I looked at the yard imagining my children running through it. I would go in there and pray and cry when we went on our journey to get Kennedy. 4 years later this home is breaking at the seams with us in it and I could not be filled with more joy. Kennedy was running around the yard after lunch and just laughing as hard as she could. I was given the gift to be able to step back and observe. Maybe my camera is a part of it because I love to capture those moments that go so fast. Moments I want to stay with me forever. So life might not be all I thought it would at 30 and it turns out it was better than I ever expected. Family is so important to me. A home filled with little feet was something my heart longed for long ago. This thanksgiving I am so thankful for family, for all my family. (that includes all the in laws and out laws out there too!) I am blessed to the ends of my soul and I couldn't be more thankful.




3 comments:

Liza said...

I love his hat!

Meredith Vasey said...

Wow, so I need a camera like yours pronto. The quality of your pictures is phenomenal! What kind of camera do you own??? (Or are you just that talented at taking photos?!)

Megan said...

i LOVE that picture of whit! what a cutie! he'll be running with kennedy before you know it :) also, he looks just like you!