Sunday, November 9, 2008

Learning a new way of life



I went through a million emotions when I was pregnant with Whit. I worried so much about if I had enough love, enough time, enough everything for both my children. I found out quickly I instantly had enough love. I was on maternity leave for 3 months and I had enough time. Then I went back to work and life changed a lot. I have been back about a month now. At first it wasn't that bad. After a few weeks getting up at night and getting up very early was wearing on me. I RUN all day long. And when I say run, I mean literally running at times. Like when I run into school every morning so I can be there at the right time. Through a chain of events over the past few days I have realized something. I don't have to have everything in place when I go to bed. I don't have to have everything at work perfect. My kids aren't going to remember that the floor needed to be swept but they will remember days of coming home and swinging. So maybe I need to slow down a bit. I might not get all my things on my list done everyday but I can promise myself at least one thing. I will snuggle my babies everyday. I will kiss my sweet husband everyday. I will spend a minute to myself. I think we get so wrapped up in the life spinning around us we forget to really live in it. I want to cherish these moments and not rush them by. It is hard having two. It did way more than double my load. I can handle a lot and this has been my hardest challenge yet. And as my world spins around me I wouldn't change a bit of it. My two babies will grow so fast. I'll look back on these days and wish I had cherished them more. May I spend time cherishing what I have and not worrying about time. It passes all too quickly!


1 comment:

Meredith Vasey said...

As always, Katie, your words ring sooo true! And also, as usual, Whit and Kennedy could not look cuter in their matching outfits. Precious!!!