Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We can't wait to meet you Lorelei! Come join this fun!

She might want to wait a while after she sees this! We had a shower for Jen and baby Lorelei Saturday at my house. My cleaning lady came Monday so my house was clean I just had to pick up a little. The boys were in town for their golfing weekend so all the babies got to come to the shower. I thought that was no big deal......

I was ready by 9:15 and the shower started at 10:00. All the other hostesses were getting here about 9:45. Brad and Beth stayed with us for the weekend so Beth was here to help. Somehow it was 9:45 in a flash and I had a million things to do. Jen got here with Drew and he started fussing. Kennedy saw Drew crying and decided she should start crying too. She was so clingy she would not let me put her down. She never does that, especially at her house. Whit was swinging and good thank goodness! Sandi was my life saver at helping me out. She even took out my trash and walked Riley next door in the pouring rain. THANK YOU Sandi! While she was taking Riley Kennedy and Drew were still screaming and Lillian decides to fall out of a chair and bust her lip open. Blood pouring out of her mouth, she is now crying. Kennedy is still crying.....what in the world? We fixed up Lillian, got Sandi back to her, and I finally got the kids settled down to a little Curious George in my room. Did I mention that it was time for Whit to eat and he should have been screaming but he wouldn't have been heard doing that so I guess he decided to be good! I got him fed and I think I was there for some of the shower. We did finally turn the focus to sweet little Lorelei. She got lots of pretty pink frilly things! I think shower was just representative of the life she is going to enter into. It is truly crazy around here! Oh and I thought it would be sweet to have all the kids in their matching fall outfits. This is my attempt at a picture of the four of them. That would be Drew's hiney flying off the bed! So much for my cute picture!

Kennedy and her Lily as she refers to her. They were actually playing together. It was the first time I have really seen them interact with each other. So sweet!!


K and Drew were happy for a few minutes while watching George together!

2 comments:

Liza said...

I am not surprised that Whit was happy and content during all of this. I think that's going to be his personality all his life-laid back and ok with observing everything around him.

Haylee said...

i love that they all have the same great outfits! too cute!