Friday, September 12, 2008

What a week! I'm glad I survived!!

I have had two statements in the past few weeks that stuck with me. I will not include names. One was a phone call in which the caller said, "Hi katie, how are you and your perfect blog life?" and then the next was, "I stopped reading what your write. It is too sappy. I just look at the pictures." Hmmmmm....... so what if I am happy? And it is MY blog and I can write about whatever I want isn't it? I do get very sappy and sentimental about my children because they are just so special to me! I will admit that it does seem as though my life is peachy happy when you read it, which leads me to the story of this week. It started out nice. This is K and Whit on Monday having some quality cuddle time! Sweet isn't it?


My friend Michelle had a baby four weeks after Whit was born. He is so cute! :) They came by for a visit on Monday. Whit enjoyed his time with baby Jay! My favorite thing is Jay's hair. It sticks up everywhere! So cute and so different from my balding baby. They might be embarrassed someday that we had them all snuggled up together but we think it is cute!

Kennedy woke up from her nap to the greatest surprise you could give her, another baby! She was super excited to meet Jay. She would point to their heads and say their names. This little girl really was born to be a big sister. She's like me in that respect. I always wanted someone to take care of. Poor Patrick....

Monday night I had a baby shower here for a girl in our Sunday school class and it was really nice. Tuesday was normal. Then came Wednesday....

I woke up not feeling like myself. Greg left early that day so I had both of the kiddos. I really felt like I had a fever and the thermometer did not agree. I took K to Michelle's and by the time I got back I had a 101 fever. I knew what I had...mastitis strikes again. What did I do to deserve this? You should not be punished for the choice to nurse your baby! Aaahhhh!!! This sickness is worse than any flu you can get because on top of the horrible flu like symptoms you have a newborn to take care of! Whit was so sweet and slept a lot of the day. I wouldn't have made it if he hadn't. Thursday I was expecting to feel better. I did for a little while until the fever spiked back up. Aaahhh!! I woke up today feeling like myself again so hopefully my antibiotic has kicked in. This is really ridiculous! I am going to wake up everyday and pray I never get this again!
I did have the energy yesterday morning to drag out the camera as Greg left with Kennedy. She chose her shoes, put them on herself and then asked for her backpack. She never wears it herself. She put that thing on, grabbed her baby and sippy cup, and out the door she went! Bye Mommy! Not to mention she was in her pajamas (Miss Michelle's is pajama friendly. I love that!). She is getting way too grown up!



In the midst of my pain, little Whit was being really cute. He found his thumb yesterday! I know I should not be excited about it, but I am! I am not a paci fan. They fall out in the night. Thumbs and fingers do not. This means more sleep for me! I am probably a bad mother for saying that but I do not care!

So here we are and it is Friday. Another week of maternity leave behind me and I couldn't really enjoy it at all! So my perfect sappy life is not so perfect all the time! It still is really nice though! At least most of the time....


5 comments:

Liza said...

Who said those things to you????

That picture of little K with her backpack is adorable!

Hope you are feeling better!

The Smith Family said...

Hey,
I love your blog! There is no other way I would get to see your kids grow up. That is sad to me because growing up with you I miss seeing you every day. So keep blogging for us far away. We love you.
Cindy
oh and I will try to blog more too!!

Katie said...

I know! I MISS you too! You do need to blog more! We love you too!

Sarah said...

You enjoy your maternity leave and keep being positive! When K and Whit read their blogs one day, you don't want them reading grumpy mommy stories!

Liza said...

Jamie Murphy is alive!!!!!! I found him!!!! Actually he found me. He just joined facebook and found me. He and Kathy are living near Nashville and have 3 kids. He is alive!!!! I am going to find a way to go see him.