Monday, February 25, 2008

Dedicated to Miss Kittie :)


Miss Kittie told me today she would like me to update my blog daily. So not to upset her, :) here goes! :)

We had a nice weekend in Darien. Kennedy had lots of fun with MeMe and Pop Pop (Pops is his real name, Kennedy changed it). Mom and I went shopping on Saturday and it wore me out! We shopped in Brunswick and headed over to the island for my all time favorite place, the Bailey Boys outlet! Kennedy was getting hungry so we went to the village for lunch. This story will make more sense to those of you familiar with the island but if you are not I will try to fill you in. Mom got out of the car and went to Brogan's to get a table. It turned into a 90 degree day (not really, but I felt like it was) and Kennedy had poured milk all over her while in Bailey Boys, so I stayed in the car and changed her into something cooler. We walked down to Brogan's to find it was packed! So we walked down to Barbara Jeans and they were also packed. Keep in mind, I am carrying Kennedy this whole time because I hate taking strollers inside these tiny restaurants and they make you leave them outside and I am not leaving my nice stroller on the street for someone to snag. Ok, so we decided to walk to the 4th of May, my favorite place. This is a long walk with a 20 pound baby, a diaper bag and don't forget I am pregnant while having heat stroke in my long sleeved shirt! We got a table and had a great lunch. Kennedy was in a great mood. Well, we were leaving and I wanted to take K to the beach for some pictures. Then all of the sudden Kennedy threw up all over her shirt! Toddler throw up makes me sick, I miss the days of breastfed baby spit up. At least it doesn't make you gag! So I went ahead of Mom to the car. So here I am again, carrying this baby on the long treck to the car, having a heat stroke and gagging from the throw up smell! I pass 3 white four runners thinking they were mine and finally made it to mine! I throw her in the car and search for more clothing. We are on the 3rd outfit now. I had bought a little white t-shirt at target thank goodness so I put that on her. Then I go to change her diaper and find poop!! AAahhh! Again, still having a heat stroke, don't forget that! Mom gets there, gets the stroller out because I am still determined to take her to the beach. I clean the poop and get her dressed. I was looking for her shoes and could not find them anywhere! My mom is laughing, there is an old man in the car next to us watching my every move, poop and all, and I begin to have a breakdown! It took me 10 minutes, I swear it was that long to find her missing shoe. We finally made it to the playground and beach and Kennedy had a big time. That is the story of the trashy outfit she is wearing in the pictures. So much for the cute one we started in that day! I went back to Mom's and took a nap!

That is just a glimpse of our weekend! All in all it was a great weekend and wonderful winter break! I went back to work today well rested with a good attitude. I LOVE whoever invented winter break. They are so smart!







5 comments:

Kittie "Kat" said...

Thanks so much for the update!!! I swear, I'm worn slap out after reading about your day!!!! That's why the Lord gives babies to young people!!!
I read your Mom's blog about the swing last night. I love to read her thoughts. She should be writing novels or something.

Liza said...

That made me laugh! She still looks adorable, no matter what her outfit is!
What restaurant is it that has those great pickles? 4th of May?

Sarah said...

Her outfit was cute! Glad you had fun with your mom!

Katie said...

That is Dressner's. I forgot about that place! Those are some seriously good pickles!!

Liza said...

I tried to tell someone about those pickles recently, and they said, "What makes pickels so good?" and I had no answer. I have no idea! But man they are good!