Sunday, October 28, 2007

This wonderful life....






Today is Kennedy's 10 month birthday! She was so cute this morning in her church outfit that I had to take a few pics before church and it made me late for church!
Today is also a day that I want to reminisce a little. October 28th was my very first due date with my first baby. The first year that this day came and went I was very sad. It was a bad day. I still wasn't pregnant again and I was stuck in that waiting phase. Then another year came and went and this day was upon me again. I really don't remember what I did last year. I was so consumed about being pregnant and getting Kennedy here. Then yet another year has come and gone and October 28th is upon me yet again. It is not a day that makes me sad anymore. Today I woke up and thought about how thankful I am. My mom and dad were here yesterday and she kept saying she has never seen me happier. And I think she is right. I have really never been happier.

Stewart preached about waiting today. He said we are all waiting for something and God uses those times to teach us things. Teachable moments. I looked at Greg and asked him what it was we were waiting on right now and I really cannot name one thing. I can think back on how long we waited for Kennedy and all we went through and the things I learned. Back then I wondered why. I know why now. Not just the fact that I have Kennedy and I wouldn't had her had all this not happened, but there is so much more. I have had so many friends go through the same thing since that year. I know what to say. More importantly I know what to pray. I know that God only gives us what we can handle. I am thankful for what my first 9 weeks of being a mother taught me. I am thankful for all the days that followed, the good and the bad.

When storms are upon us we turn to God. We turn to Him for comfort and refuge. I have a whole new outlook on life. I have an unusual appreciation for life. I don't have storms raging right now and for that I am so thankful. I cannot name one thing I would change about my life right now. Not big things at least, I would love for someone to come over and clean! :) I know that everyday is precious and what you love the most can be taken in an instant. I know to cherish every smile and kiss and that is what I spend my life doing. I cherish each moment. It is hard not to living with this sweet baby God has given me!

Greg and I were blessed with the journey we have taken. We were chosen as were a lot of you. We hold our hold-it babies or wait for them to get here and keep cooking them(Sarah) and we know why. I could not wait to hold Kennedy and tell her all about the life before her. I wanted her to know how much I wanted her. She knows. So as this year passes and Kennedy grows and October 28 comes upon me once again, I'll smile knowing that God chose my journey to motherhood to begin differently than He does others, and for that I will eternally be thankful.

5 comments:

Liza said...

first of all, love the dress. she looks so cute!
secondly, i need you to put a disclaimer at the top of any blogs that might make me cry and therefore need to redo my makeup! now i'm going to be late to the movie i'm going to!! :)

Sarah said...

Yay for the hold it babies that God gives! Today I just looked at my crib all day and put clothes in it to see how big my hold it baby would be when he's finally inside it. I know he will be worth all the wait - and all the heartbreak that came before it!
PS - Kennedy looked absolutely beautiful in her Sunday dress!

Phyllis said...

Dearest Daughter, I cherish you. I thank God each day for you.Children are indeed a gift from God. Love and kisses to little Kennedy, Mom

Lauren said...

Thank you Liza, I agree!! I just watched a sad movie and now this blog has made me cry too, but I enjoyed reading it!

Kennedy looks very beautiful in her dress!

Liza said...

you are going to post Halloween pictures, right?