Monday, October 8, 2007

Small Town Life...

I loved growing up in a small town. There is just something nice about everyone knowing everyone. Even though we often found out way too much about everyone! One of the reasons I liked Georgia Southern so much was that it wasn't in a huge town. All this to say that I really love the small town life I have right now. It is full of things you just don't find in those big cities.

Today is the beginning of the fair. I would like to make a few statements before I tell my story. Growing up Cindy and Anna loved the fair. I enjoyed it too, but they were crazy about it. I got dragged on every ride and cried on some. Threw up after a few too. I blame it all on them. Well in good old Statesboro we begin the fair with the Fair Parade. When I first heard of this I thought these people were stupid. A fair parade? We always had a Christmas Parade, but a parade for the fair? Wasn't the fair enough? I have actually been in the parade a few times when I worked for the recreation department. I have never attended the parade. I just couldn't understand why people would go to a fair parade.

Fast forward to today. I decided it would be a great idea to take Kennedy. I LOVE to watch her see something new. It is so neat to watch the world through her eyes. So Greg, Poppa, SuSu and I trecked out to main street and watched the good old fair parade. And to my surprise it was not as bad as I thought it would be. Much like that Christmas Parade of my childhood. Kennedy loved it. She was fascinated with the whole thing. I hope that she enjoys the small town life Greg and I are giving her. Fair Parades and so much more....!!

1 comment:

AnnaJane said...

Yes I do love the fair, but I haven't been able to ride the rides like I used to since I got stuck upside down in the gravatron with my tongue pressed against the cushion, and after I got off I threw up.
This year all I rode with the big ferris wheel and got spooked in it.